Senior center provides space for variety of events
By Stephanie Watson
Here at the Osage County Senior Center we are about to roll into 2017 with a few changes.
Osage County General Public Transportation has purchased a new handicap accessible van. General public transportation is for anyone to use for a quick shopping trip, medical appointment, a trip to the movies, or social outing. Transportation is available on demand by calling 785-528-4906 to schedule a ride. A donation of $3 in county and $5 if traveling outside the county is suggested for any round trip.
The Osage County Senior Center provides activities for all ages, not just for seniors. In 2017, we will welcome artist Frank Shopen to teach sculpting. Seeing with your hands, Frank will teach you to see as an artist sees. His famous motto is, “If you can write your name you have all the skills you need to sculpt!”
The senior center is a fabulous place to host your holiday events, family reunions and any other form of social event. The use of the building requires a security deposit of $150 and a use fee of $75 for weekend activities. Weekday nights the building can be used for a fee of $25.
Hometown Health Care will host a monthly grief support group beginning in February.
- Friday, Dec. 23: Bingo 10 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 26: Center is closed
- Tuesday, Dec. 27: Ceramics 9 a.m.; Mexican Train games 1 p.m.; massage by Katie 11 a.m., fee applies.
- Wednesday, Dec. 28: Sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; massage by Katie 10 a.m., fee applies.
- Thursday, Dec. 29: Art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, Dec 30: Bingo 10 a.m.
For more information, stop by the center at 604 Market St., Osage City, or call 785-528-4906.
See Osage County Senior Center general transportation bus schedule here.
See Mid America Nutrition Program daily menus here.