Groundhog doesn’t overshadow senior center activities
By Stephanie Watson
Well, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, predicting six more weeks of winter. So far, I don’t think we can complain too much about how winter has gone weather-wise. But what does Phil really know? Most of the climatologists are defying the wise old groundhog and saying Phil was wrong even before he woke up on Groundhog Day. It is reported that daffodils have already sprouted in Oklahoma, crocuses in Delaware, and tulips in Boston – all signs that spring is just around the corner!
Either way, we have activities planned here at the Osage County Senior Center that won’t be affected by the outside weather. Please come join us to finish off the last six weeks of winter or celebrate with us the early spring. For more information, stop by the senior center at 604 Market St., Osage City, or call 785-528-4906.
- Thursday, Feb. 9: Art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, Feb.10: Bingo 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 13: Sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; pitch 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14: Happy Valentine’s Day; ceramics 9 a.m.; Mexican Train games 1p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Birthday dinner (chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, roll, cake, ice cream); blood pressure checks; sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; massage by Katie (fee) 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 16: Biscuits and gravy, art and painting 9 a.m.; Ottawa shopping trip 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, Feb. 17: Bingo 10 a.m.; foot care clinic (fee); hearing checks 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
See Osage County Senior Center general transportation bus schedule here.
See Mid America Nutrition Program daily menus here.