By Jeanette Swarts, Executive Director
Osage City Chamber of Commerce
Themes have been selected for this year’s parades hosted by the Osage City Chamber of Commerce. The 2017 Osage County Fair Parade, which will be Thursday, June 29, 2017, will have the theme “Summertime Fun”, and the theme for Christmas on Market Street event and lighted parade, on Nov. 25, 2017, will be “Treasured Memories”.
Diane Michael, parade chairman is busy confirming entries for the fair parade. She is creating some new and innovative concepts for the parades this year and is looking forward to having great events for the community to enjoy. A golf cart and ATV class will be continued from the Christmas parade. Diane will provide information regarding the parade, and a parade form will be available soon to submit an entry for the parade. The Chamber of Commerce will be offering $350 in cash prizes for four places of float entries and $60 in cash prizes for three places of golf cart and ATV entries. Contact Michael at 785-608-2277 if you have any questions or comments regarding the event.
Chamber of Commerce membership drive continues
The Chamber’s annual membership drive is continuing and if you have not yet joined, please consider the opportunities to grow your business and connect with the community and send in your membership now. We would also like to encourage existing members to invite potential new members. Membership investment form: For more information about becoming a member or renewing your membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our website www.osagecitychamber.com, or call 785-219-2510.
Chamber holds ribbon cutting for Osage City computer and sewing center
Eclipse Computer Solutions and Erin’s Sewing Corner recently celebrated its grand opening Feb. 14, 2017, with a ribbon cutting ceremony hosted by the Chamber.
Erin Auman and Sterling Hughs, owners of Eclipse Computer Solutions and Erin’s Sewing Corner, are certified to repair and maintain electronics, computers, sewing and embroidery machines and overlock and serger machines. They offer competitive rates and classes on how to use computers or sewing equipment and related products. The computer and sewing center is located at 230 N. Martin St., Osage City, or phone 785-422-2356.
2017 Chamber of Commerce officers and board members
- President – Don Shaw
- Vice President – Erick Punches
- Secretary – Diane Michael
- Treasurer – Jan Ogleby
2017 Board of Directors
- Jim Lohmeyer
- Jodi Smith
- Jodi Stark
- Patrick Gardner
- Jeanette Swarts, executive director
- Annual Banquet – Board members
- Nominating – Casey Mussatto, Joe Humerickhouse, Thelma Humerickhouse
- Budget – Robyn Williams, Casey Mussatto, Jan Ogleby
- Membership – Jeanette Swarts, Jan Ogleby
- Scholarship and Garage Sales – Jodie Smith
- Kansas Sampler – Dave and Tara Azwell, Wayne White
- Summer Concessions – Jeanette Swarts
- Fair Parade and Christmas Parade – Diane Michael
- Beer Fest – Jim Lohmeyer, Becky Siljenberg, Jodi Stark, volunteers
- Christmas on Market – Jeanette Swarts, Jan Ogleby
- Website – Jeanette Swarts, Wayne White
- Facebook – Jeanette Stromgren, Jeanette Swarts
- Advertising and signage – Casey Mussatto, Rod Willis, Dave Azwell, Joe Humerickhouse, Jim Lohmeyer
- 14 – Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 12:00 noon, Flint Hills Beverage Hospitality Room.
- 21 – Chamber of Commerce Member Meeting, 12:00 noon, Flint Hills Beverage Hospitality Room.
- 7 – Smoke In The Spring – Taste of Osage City – 5 p.m. until food is gone
- 7 and 8 – Smoke In The Spring Sanction BBQ, www.smokeinthespring.com
- 8 – Cruis’n and Cook’n Auto Show – 8 a.m.-4 p.m., www.cruisnandcookn.com
- 11 – Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, noon, at Flint Hills Beverage.
- 14 and 15 – Spring citywide garage sales.
- 18 – Chamber of Commerce Member Meeting, noon, at Flint Hills Beverage.
For more information about the Osage City Chamber of Commerce, email email@example.com, visit www.osagecitychamber.com, or call 785-219-2510.