County-operated bus service travels to your destinations
Osage County General Public Transportation is a first come first serve transportation service. The county’s tax-supported service transports people to shopping, work, doctor appointments, movies, special excursions, and to and from educational institutions. Organizations can reserve buses and vans for special occasions.
On March 17, 2017, would you like to go see the St Patrick’s Day parade in Lawrence without trying to find a parking space? Spend the day on Massachusetts Street, window shopping, having lunch, and enjoying the parade. The bus will leave the Osage County Senior Center at 9 a.m. that day. On March 22 will be thrift shop hopping, with the bus leaving at 10 a.m.
Other upcoming activities at the senior center include a magic show at 1:30 p.m. March 21. Everyone is invited. For more information, contact the senior center at 785-528-4906 or stop by 604 Market St., Osage City.
- Thursday, March 16: Biscuits and gravy, art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, March 17: Bus to Lawrence for St. Patrick’s Day parade 9 a.m.; bingo 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
- Monday, March 20: Sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; cards 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21: Magic show 1:30 p.m.; ceramics 9 a.m.; Mexican Train games 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22: Thrift shop hopping 10 a.m.; sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
- Thursday, March 23: Art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, March 24: Bingo 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
See Osage County Senior Center general transportation bus schedule here.
See Mid America Nutrition Program daily menus here