Consider the senior center to help spring clean your health
By Stephanie Watson
Spring is in the air, and that means an end to being cooped up inside. I’m so excited for warmer weather; by the time you read this my potatoes will be in the garden. I mentioned to my children that we should open up the house and do some spring cleaning. I received a smart remark from “Mr. Know it All” (teenager), he says to me “maybe you should consider spring cleaning your health.” I believe he was referring to my stash of girl scout cookies, peanut M&M’s, snicker bars, and a few miscellaneous other bags of stuff I truly need, under the bathroom sink. Why the bathroom? I’m sure any momma with multiple children could answer that question.
You know though, he is right we could all do a wee bit of spring cleaning toward our good health. I have a few suggestions, clean the refrigerator, dispose of anything that is outdated. Don’t forget to clean out your medicine cabinets.
The Osage County Sheriff’s Office will be at the Osage County Senior Center at 11:30 a.m. April 19 for a “Drug Take Back Day.” The sheriff’s office aims to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse and medications.
Also, get outside – it is time to change up our exercise routine. There is never enough said about walking and drinking lots of water.
And, join us at the center for our weekly activities. Stop by at 604 Market St., Osage City, or for more information, call 785-528-4906.
- Thursday, March 23: Art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, March 24: Bingo 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
- Monday, March 27: Sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; cards 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28: Ceramics 9 a.m.; Mexican Train games 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 29: Emporia shopping, leave center at 10 a.m.; sewing 8 a.m.; armchair exercise 10:30 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.; massage (fee applies) 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 30: Art and painting 9 a.m.
- Friday, March 31: Bingo 10 a.m.; cribbage 12:15 p.m.
See Osage County Senior Center general transportation bus schedule here.
See Mid America Nutrition Program daily menus here.